Alright back to Miss Evie. After coming off the anti-seizure med, the first blood test we took showed a decline in her enzyme levels and so the doctors agreed that she should come off that drug. Ok problem solved right...well, not so fast, now we needed to find another med to help control her seizures. Fortunately the doctors were able to quickly agree on a drug, administer it to Evie, confirm that it worked and the discharge papers were written & executed. After a 52 hour stay Miss Evelyn Grace was back on her way to Westlake.
We said & we knew from the beginning that there would be a lot of great days and some tough days with Evie as she fights her way through all this. Without a doubt she has had many more wonderful days than tough days. And when I say tough days that is more from mine and Kristen's point of view because Evelyn just keeps on rolling. 6 months ago if someone would've tried to convince me I could be inspired by a 5 month old's toughness & grace I would've thought them to be a little silly. Now...I find it utterly impossible to be anything but inspired by my daughter. Life dealt her a tough start, yet with every day that passes she laughs and smiles more than the previous day. She has so far refused to let any of the hurdles in front of her keep her down. Everyday she gets bigger, she gets stronger...she just keeps rolling. Kristen used to be toughest girl I know...step aside babe, there is a new chick at the top.
Love you Evelyn Grace...you are an amazing little girl.
Dear Evelyn Grace,
ReplyDeleteYou have one helluva team behind you and you're doing the BEST job as Captain! Keep those beautiful smiles and contagious giggles going my friend :)
Sending so much love and every possible positive wish your way today and always.
Can't wait to see you this Fall.
Go Blue and GO YOU!!
XOXOXOXOXO,
Aunt Stace
I've been following along with your story and Evelyn's progress. It's inspiring to watch her grow and get stronger and we're hoping the same for our little guy. Adam and I are having similar experiences with doctors and the NICU. We had Lucas 8 weeks early in July and he has a long list of health issues that the doctors have yet to figure out. It's great to see how far Evelyn has come and congratulations to your family on the new addition! Such a precious little girl - girls are the best.
ReplyDeleteKatie & Adam Stenavich
Big hugs and prayers from your number one cheering section down here in Florida!
ReplyDelete