Saturday, June 8, 2013

Come What May

So...May happened. John parted ways with the Browns after 3 years due to changes in management/ownership, and his next adventure is just beginning with the Denver Broncos. We went out to Denver last week to scope the scene and we had a great visit with old friends. The option for moving there is on the table, although not mandatory, so we're simply weighing all options at this point.   Besides the mountains, Denver apparently has 300+ days of sun a year...just saying :)

Ms. Evelyn is doing really well. She's growing everyday and is looking more like John each moment. She's really developing quite the personality! Evie is now doing occupational therapy 2x/month and J & I are learning basic sign. We picked up her hearing aides a few weeks ago and while they're super cute and stylish (clear with pink sparkles), they don't want to stay on and unfortunately they don't seem to be adding much benefit except perhaps to get her used to the idea that she'll most likely have something behind her ears for the rest of her life. The aides are frustrating to J & I, but we're dealing with it and keeping positive.

Evie's still tolerating her medicine, which is pretty tremendous, and although the ID doc can't tell us much about the pros/cons from this point forward, we're going to continue this until we're sure there isn't potential for additional benefit or until Evie's lab work signals for relief.

We also had some professional photos taken of Evelyn and because they're so stinking cute, I'm going to post a few of them in the coming weeks. #proudmama

At this point, we're simply enjoying this time together as a family -- in fact I'm not sure J and I have ever spent this much time together in our 11+ year relationship!

Cheers to summer everyone!





1 comment:

  1. OMG these pictures are amazing! I cannot stand not meeting her yet! Cannot wait! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete