Sunday, March 24, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Evelyn Grace was officially discharged today from the Fairview NICU.  She spent a total of 12 days under the amazing care of the women and men that work there, but she was really ready to leave.  Initially the doctors thought she would spend at least 2 weeks under their care and possibly up to 4 weeks, but with every day that passed we felt better and better about her progress.  Ultimately it culminated with her leaving 2 days earlier than the doctors anticipated.  K & I are taking it as another win for our family.


So at 3pm we said our goodbyes, took some pictures, loaded Evelyn up in her car seat, passed the car seat challenge and went on our way.  It felt good to be doing something 'normal'.  We made the same 6.7 mile trip we have made so many times during the past 2 weeks but this time everything was right.  I drove slower than I probably ever have, took way too long to make turns, and got mad at someone for riding our ass.  Generally I was the driver I can't stand.  Kristen sat in the back, watched Evie and played DJ.  As usual we ended up in Kristen's favorite genre w/ this song, which felt appropriate.



We introduced Evie to Coogee & Yogi who were both super excited and confused.  The excitement has worn off but the confusion remains. We took Evie to her nursery and showed off her digs.  Changed her diaper, fed her, watched her sleep and had a blast.  It's wonderful having her home.

Homeward bound...thumbs up to that.

2 comments:

  1. HOOOOOOOOOOORAAAY!!!!!
    Such wonderful news
    Home sweet home :)
    CONGRATULATIONS
    Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so happy that your new little family is home!

    ReplyDelete