Thursday, March 28, 2013

So Good to be Home

The last few days have revolved around a simple cycle of tasks: feed, change, hold, love and watch Evie as she explores her new surroundings with those ever curious eyes. John has returned to work and I seem to be running on auto pilot, repeating the same things over and over again every 2-3 hours. It's amazing how much work one little peanut can be. Coogee and Yogi are adjusting to their downgraded status - thank goodness for our dog walker who continues to spoil them regularly.

Since we decided to start a number of projects before Evelyn was supposed to join us, we're still in the middle of completing a second floor bathroom renovation and carpet installation in the basement. Between coordinating contractors, Evie's upcoming doctor appointments, and my own minutes of sanity/rest, it's amazing that only 2+ weeks ago I considered myself to be a high-functioning, multi-tasking, independent lady.

Somehow I thought I'd be bored with this new mommy status, but how could I be when I'm staring at this face all day?

Holler!

No comments:

Post a Comment